And we're back for another new kitchen post. Yesterday I talked about the little rabbit hole I jumped into that seemed to spiral out of control as I went way beyond just painting the cabinet doors (the original project) to tearing out a decorative wall and moving some cabinets over and putting the dishwasher where it rightfully belongs. Today I'm going to show you the bottom cabinet transition.
Here's a refresher on what the kitchen looked like before I began this journey:
Not good, not good at all. It's awfully dark in there. Well, just as with the top cabinets, I took off all the cabinet doors and removed all the drawers and moved them to the back patio to get their facing trim and paint jobs. Then I started painting the cabinets. These proved to be a bit of a task as a couple of those cabinets (the ones on either side of the stove) go waaaay back and I was determined to do a very thorough job painting them. So in I went . . .
And I painted until they were all good and done.
I also added the trim to the doors and drawers and painted them. The trim on the drawers was tricky as the vertical pieces of trim were 2 inches but the horizontal pieces were 1 1/4 making the angles on the cuts very strange. I'm glad I went to the trouble of getting it right though, the proportion is as it should be.
I added the hardware and put everything back.
I completed my mission but you're going to have to come back tomorrow for the wrap up to see the final product!
Thank you for reading
The New Kitchen, Part 1
The New Kitchen, Part 2
The New Kitchen, Part 3
The New Kitchen, Part 4
The New Kitchen, Part 5